Our constitution or Prakriti is the ratio or interplay of the three doshas that we were born into. Our Prakriti is our true nature and will never change throughout our entire lifetime. Our Prakriti is derived from our unique combination of the three doshas. How predominant or passive each one is is what defines our Prakriti.
If you were to see an Ayurvedic doctor, she/he would also start by establishing your Prakriti, for your Prakriti is your blueprint to a thriving life. This would be established by taking your pulse, possibly observing your tongue and an overall assessment of your physical characteristics (done just by observing you) and finally a series of questions such as the ones below.
The questions below will give you a great understanding of the 3 doshas and finally give you your PRAKRITI. But if you are serious about moving into an Ayurvedic lifestyle, it is best to have a professional Ayurvedic doctor establish your Prakriti for you.
TAKE THE PRAKRITI QUIZ BELOW TO GET YOUR PERSONALISED RESULTS THEN DOWNLOAD THE PRAKRITI E-BOOK WHERE YOU CAN DIVE INTO ALL ASPECTS OF EACH DOSHA.
Instructions and tips for taking the Prakriti Quiz
1. All questions must be answered
2. It can be fun to do the quiz alongside someone who knows you well
3. IMPORTANT: We are establishing your core nature so please consider how you were as a CHILD, as well as now
4. If you have difficulty deciding, choose the answer that best represents how you have been for the majority of your life
5. The choices given are relative within the characteristics of your own race
5. This is not a quick magazine-style quiz, there are 45 questions and it can take a little time and thought
6. The fist answer is VATA, the second, PITTA and the third KAPHA