Being overweight or obese prevents you from being at your physical and mental best. It makes you lazier and prone to a number of health problems such as type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases and strokes, certain types of cancer, pregnancy problems, sleep apnea, fatty liver disease, osteoarthritis, kidney disease etc. There is also a lot of social stigma associated with being overweight.
The Surya Namaskar or the salutation to sun consists of a sequence of around twelve asanas in total. These asanas are interrelated to one another and mainly involves various movements of the body which include jumping, stretching, and different movements of our body parts. This great workout not only provides proper flow of vital energy to all parts of our body but it works as a great cardiovascular workout bestowing a positive impact on our mind and body.
Impact and benefits:
- Surya namaskar stimulates our nervous system.
- It helps in maintaining proper cardiovascular health.
- It is an excellent exercise for weight loss management.
- It provides help in stretching, flexing and toning the muscles.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Provides an enhancement to the cognitive functions.
Sample block quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.